Doctor of Physical Therapy Program Information
Program Location: Los Angeles – South Campus Only
Program Trimester Credits: 133
Program Length: 9 Trimesters – 36 Months
Program Mission: The mission of West Coast University’s Doctor of Physical Therapy Program is to provide a student-centric education that prepares graduates for caring, innovative, interdisciplinary, evidence-based approaches to patient-centered care.
Program Learning Outcomes:
Each student will have the opportunity to develop knowledge, skills and professional behaviors in order to:
- Provide physical therapy services in a professional, analytical, and caring manner.
- Synthesize and demonstrate autonomous entry-level skills in providing physical therapy services.
- Develop effective communication, consultation, and collaboration skills in the provision of services as a part of the health care team.
- Evaluate current evidence into clinical reasoning processes and incorporate into physical therapy practice.
- Adhere to ethical standards of practice and legal/regulatory policies.
Doctor of Physical Therapy Transfer Credit
The Doctor of Physical Therapy program does not allow transfer credit.
Doctor of Physical Therapy Candidate Seat Deposit
Applicants that are conditionally accepted to the Doctor of Physical Therapy program will be required to submit a $500.00 good faith payment for a Seat Deposit. The Seat Deposit will be credited to your program costs. The University will retain a maximum of $175.00 of this deposit should you cancel your enrollment within seven calendar days (excluding holidays) of enrollment or by the seventh calendar day of the first term, whichever is later. Deposits may be paid by money order or cashier's check made out to West Coast University.
Health Insurance Requirement
Students enrolled in the DPT program will be required to provide evidence of health insurance during their education at West Coast University. Students are required to carry and maintain personal health insurance during their entire tenure.
For accreditation information please see the Programmatic Accreditation and Approvals section.